Mid-year Family Check-ins

Family Check-ins

It seems a good time to check in on a deep personal level with each of you about your children and their experience in the group.  I would like to hear from you about how "it's coming home." I would like to hear your joys as well as your concerns, your satisfactions as well as your hopes for the group as we move forward.  In dialogue, I hope to offer some of my perspective on your children, as their witness and learning guide.  I would like to brain storm with you about their challenges, and problem solve with you where you are hoping for help.  

This may take place variably for each of you, but I'd like to also be fair with my attentions and availability.  I invite you to take a little time to write me an e-letter telling me how things are going in your families, what your concerns and joys are in regards to your children's development now, themes that are becoming important to you, how school is influencing your home-culture, etc.  I'd welcome your questions. 

I wonder if you as parents, together or individually, would like to meet for a half hour session focused on your child. I see meeting each parent rep or parent group as integral to the work happening in the classroom, so my hope is to achieve such meetings if it would serve your wishes also.  Scheduling meetings can be tricky, so maybe one family can help another in this arena, so that parents can meet with me while their child has a playdate with a friend.

Perhaps we can schedule play-dates of 2-3 children and create a tag-team process whereby a parent of one child covers the role of child-care for two children, then switches with the other child's parent -- each getting some private meeting time.   This could happen at various homes.
Thoughts about this???? Other ideas to propose?  Please, feel free.  




No comments:

Post a Comment